Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Faithfulness


At the end of a semester it is hard for me to not reflect on all the ways that God has been faithful in this season.  This year...like all years has had numerous up's and downs. However, through it all I can see how God is working. As an RA I knew the added responsibly would have its perks and its downfalls. These two semesters were the first two semesters in college that I have not been in a dating relationship. I have felt alone. I have felt burnt out. I have cried. I have nearly thrown up from crying. I have been hurt, offended, discouraged, burdened, lost and confused. I have also known community in a whole new way. I have been encouraged and poured into as well as having the opportunity to pour into others. I have had beautiful quiet times with the Lord. I have grown, been challenged, and cared for. I have laughed...oh I have laughed. I have made new friendships that have surprised me in many ways and I have strengthened and deepended relationships that already existed. I have also felt equipped, loved, and smart.

 Most importantly God has been all over it.

The growing that I have done (aka God has done) this year has been crazyness. I can already see ways that the Lord prepared me to serve as an RA during this season and ways that He is continuing to work on my heart and my love to continue in this role.

He has placed just the right people in my life for just the right moments to challenge me or hug me...or pull me away from other things. I am so blessed by the gifts of friendship this year and the ways that I have learned from those relationships.

God has placed new passions on my heart. I have such a passion for freshmen women and the journey that takes place in the freshmen year of college. I have a passion for Christian community. I have a new found love for the church and what the church was intended to be. I find new joy in my major and learning about communication and how I can be better, or use it to glorify God.

Now I want to talk about boys. My first two semesters of college I was in two different serious or extremely serious relationships. In these recent semesters I have processed and grieved those ended relationships in a very real way (God worked in a crazy way in that. Maybe I'll save that for another post...or just come talk to me about it). This year I have not dated anybody. Has there been the possibility? Yes. has the Lord walked with me through those situations and relationships? Yes. SOOOO faithfully. Have I gotten hurt? Yes. But ultimately He has protected me from a lot more hurt from being in relationships for the wrong reason or with the wrong person etc. Without a boyfriend I have felt lonely and there have been many moments where I have wished I had one...but God has met me in new ways. I have learned ways that God can fill those longings and I have realized that my maker knows a lot more about what I need than what I think I need.

He has been faithful. In my studies...in my job...in my family...in my relationships...on this campus.

How has God been faithful in your life during this season? 

No comments:

Post a Comment