Tuesday, March 27, 2012

With the end in sight…


It’s about that time. I had multiple professors’ talk about finals in my classes today. It is almost the end of the 2011-2012 school year. I don’t know about you but I am pretty sure the finish line is right around the corner. Pretty crazy. However, it is important that we do not get too far ahead of ourselves. We still have about 4 weeks left.

 In my unit devotions last night I challenged the girls to cast a vision for these next 4 weeks. How are you going to finish strong this year? What areas of your life do you want to be intentional in? Who do you want to be intentional with? What is your bucket list for the next 4 weeks? What are your goals? What is going to keep you from becoming complacent? What are you going to do in the next 4 weeks that will be worthy of “writing home about” or what will you one day tell your kids about this year of college? 

Trust me. As soon as we all leave to summer we will miss this time and these people sooner than we realize. So, my thought? Take advantage now. Answer the questions I just asked.

Take time right now. Get a post-it note, a note card, a scrap of paper, open a word document…something. Take 5-10 minutes or longer and cast a vision for the next 4 weeks. 

How will you end this semester? Spring 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment